Sunday 12 August 2012

Tiny Worlds Stone Walls: Painting part 2

Continuing from my last post, the walls needed some foliage, of course. First up, static grass in two colours. Spring green and some 'African Grass' which has a nice scorched grass colour. Notice the hedgerow now ncludes bushes - two small lumps I had spare from the AoW hedgerows set.


Finally, of course I had to add a scattering of Mininatur Tufts - early fall and late fall. These make an appearance on most things these days, i tried to drop them into the crevices where i imagine bushes and weeds will grow from. And with that, I declare them finished!

Here's a shot of the hedgerow connector. Not bad except the flocks are slightly different since I did the hedgerows.


And to finish off, some Perry plastic Redcoats making use of the cover, to show them in action and the scale.


And there you have it - I hope you I enjoyed my first two-part review and tutorial!

5 comments:

  1. Those are really rather good; the added vegetation really sets them off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael. Really happy with how they came out - after months on the painting table they were a doddle once I applied myself!

      Delete
  2. Really interesting entry for me. I have bough the blister with four walls, and expect to buy the other one soon, because they are very nice models.
    Great painting work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed for the price, if you're willing to spend a bit of time filling the air holes, the detail is much better than many other options out ere.

      Delete
  3. Very nice work, so useful and so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment if you liked this post.